Lisa Gordon - Your Voice at City Hall
Lisa has long been involved in projects to enhance life in Newton for all. From trees to parking lots, to great schools and growth, strong long-range planning is needed. The City Council can, and must, do better to mitigate excessive and inappropriate development and the associated problems of traffic, loss of open space and potential financial burden.
Lisa wants to know about your ideas and concerns about the future of Newton. Change is coming fast in Newton and how that change is planned (or not) and what it will look like are important issues for all of us right now. Lisa understands how important it is to have your representative on the Council be responsive to the needs and desires of Newton’s citizens. Lisa will make sure that all the residents of all our villages and neighborhoods are represented and heard in the planning process, and that Newton government will be responsive to all of us, and not just the powerful and influential few.
- Co-founder, Friends of Newton Centre – local advocacy group for beautification efforts in Newton Centre
- Member, Newton Centre Task Force
- Member of the evaluating committee for proposals received for 1294 Centre Street RFP
- Advocate for seniors looking to age in place in Newton
- Board member of the Massachusetts Prevention Alliance
- Maker Space implementation and teacher for students interested in 3D printing, computer programing, and other stem related endeavors.
Join Lisa's Email List
Stay in touch!
Sign up to recieve news from Lisa Gordon.